Follow rrlmusic on Twitter

July 23, 2011

A Tribute To Amy Winehouse

After hearing the sad news of Amy Winehouse's passing today, I spent some time listening to her songs and playing through some of my favorites. I was deeply saddened to hear the news. I was a huge fan and I always considered her to be a staggering talent. Really, that statement doesn't really sum it up. There was something special within her, beyond her incredible voice. Whatever it was, it made her the kind of singer that MADE you stop and listen when she sang. I think it was because when she sang something, you knew it was real, that she meant it, that she had lived it at one point. At least that's what I feel when I hear her sing. I don't know...I could probably go on all day about it. All I really wanted to say is that I, for one, will miss her. I had always been hoping she would make her way through these dark days and that at least one mind-blowing, gut-wrenching album would be the offspring of that time. Mostly, I'm just sad that she is gone. And that right now, so many people are spewing thoughtless, heartless comments around. They have no place. But I digress.

Here, I just want to celebrate what she left with us. For those of you that were fans, I hope this brings you some kind of joy or a memory, and I hope I've done this song some justice.

- kevin h.
running red lights

0 comments: